The End of Days

Well, it's the last day of May -- May Madness is ending. Hopefully in a few days my stats will all be in and I can see if posting daily is a worthwhile thing to do here (it's definitely twice the work!)

I'll close us off with this image, a rare color photograph (not colorized but actually taken in color) from the Gibson Girl era:


In curiosity I converted it to black and white to see how it compares with the photos we're accustomed to...


Interesting how much information is lost! I'd have guessed the lady on the right, if I had only seen a black and white version, to be wearing an all-white (or at least all-one-color) gown, and the woman on the left-hand side to be holding a black parasol and wearing a black hat, and that the trim on her gown would be in a matching shade to the main material.

0 comments:

Post a Comment