Style note: Belle and Boo

Belle and Boo 3

Today I'm introducing the collection of artwork that is Belle and Boo. I first discovered the illustrations whilst shopping in Paperchase for a few birthday cards. I was searching for something vintage looking and sweet. On my way out of the shop, I saw a pretty little girl with bobbed hair, bright eyes and wearing the cutest vintage dress - beautifully illustrated on a postcard. I took it home to display on the notice board and I've since collected a great deal more.

The illustrations capture the moments of childhood you'll always remember; friendships, nature, your first pet. It's the nostalgic, vintage charm that I adore and the hint of Parisian style. Prior to the postcard purchase, I'd never heard of Belle and Boo's Mandy Sutcliffe, but I've since come to learn that as well as being a fantastic illustrator, she is also the author of a number of children's books including Evie's Seaside Lullaby.

Belle and Boo 1

The collection is also available on prints, clothing and accessories. Visit the online shop and you'll find adorable pocket mirrors and bags, but it's the 'Lost' dress that I'm shamelessly in love with. It's just the kind of clothing that I'll be kitting out my future sprog in! (If the baby is a girl, of course, and no I'm not expecting... just thinking ahead!) It's official, Belle and Boo has to be one of my most coveted creative pickings for this year.

Belle and Boo  2

Web: www.belleandboo.com
For London Stockists click here
Also available at www.etsy.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment