Style Note: The Carrie Necklace

Carrie Bradshaw - Sex and the City
Mr. Big and Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City

Are you self-confessed Sex and the City junkie? I'll admit that I can watch the reruns to the high heavens. I have the movie proudly displayed in my DVD collection and I still swoon over the Carrie's style. Despite the show's end, it seems that the fictional fashionista continues to ride high on the best dressed list and one of the key accessories allowing us to tap into Ms. Bradshaw's style is the identity necklace.

Carrie Necklace
Carrie necklace, www.mynamenecklace.com

Made popular by the episode where Carrie finds her lost necklace at the bottom of her clutch bag in Paris, it remains one of the most googled jewellery pieces in the UK, often referred to as the "Carrie necklace". The delicate reference of your name, gracing the collarbone has a certain bespoke appeal and when worn simply, provides a sophisticated finish to your look. I wear mine with small stud earrings and usually with a plain white tee or a pretty cashmere top. Subtlety in colour and style helps pull the look together I think. Customised necklaces are available from £19.95 at www.mynamenecklace.com.

To finish on a nostalgic note, let's take a look at that SATC episode where Carrie finds her identity again! Love it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment