Witch Hazel Cold Cream, II


Perhaps it is most appropriate to finish the series of powder posts with one about cold cream, since this stuff makes removing those old style starch-based powders so much less of a chore!

I decided to go for a second round with the Witch Hazel Cold Cream. This time, instead of making it from my jojoba wax-and-oil spermaceti replacement, I made it from jojoba oil alone.

I think I found this to result in something with a texture more appropriate to cold cream. The previous mixture is great for a hand or foot cream, but a little much for the face. This is a smoother mix and a little nicer to use for a moisturizer.

It's of note that I decided to convert the recipe to kitchen measurements -- since I don't have a very accurate scale in my house that can reliably weight 1/2 ounces and such, I figured it was at least as accurate if not moreso. I concluded on:

1/2 c Vaseline
1 tbs jojoba oil
1/4 oz wax 
1 tbs witch hazel extract

Melt fats together, let cool slightly and whip in the witch hazel. Add 2 - 5 drops essential oil for fragrance if desired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment