Pears Soap


A while back I posted about my Dollar Store find of Pears Soap. Here's how I put it to use:

I initially dissolved some Pears in water to use for shampoo, like I usually do. I did not have much trouble with it at first, and I liked it pretty well -- the fragrance is very nice and I actually like the texture of the bar. It left my hair a touch oily I thought, but I initially liked it better than the Yardley soap which I'd found at the same time. However, still there was trouble with the lather! I even poured some of the liquified soap onto my (not at all Edwardian) Salux cloth which is designed to bring out lather, and could get nothing. On one totally random night I was washing my hair and got it to lather and have no idea what was done differently on that occasion. I tried various mixtures with more or less water but nothing seemed to make any reliable change.

Previously, someone had commented that maybe the hard water was responsible for the lack of lather (though I confess when I traveled back to Santa Fe which has slightly better water I didn't see much difference.) Still, this made me think about whether anything could be done to improve this matter...

TO BE CONTINUED.

0 comments:

Post a Comment