Pears Soap with Baking Soda


...I added baking soda to the mixture's water, in an effort to soften it.

The added baking soda made a creamier, foamier mixture that inclined to separate and so needed to be shaken up before use. I chose baking soda as a period-acceptable water softener. It is of note that baking soda was also used alone as a hair wash.

This addition to my Pears soap shampoo, however, did not help the lather; nevertheless, I don't think I've ever had an easier time rinsing my hair! That rumor that one should be able to shower in 5 minutes suddenly seemed like it could perhaps be true! (Usually just lathering and rinsing my hair takes about that long....) The result was my hair came out a bit less oily looking, more on par with what comes of washing it with Castile soap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment