Hot Spot: Bea's of Bloomsbury


As I sit here writing this post, I'm tucking into the most indulgent chocolate cake ever. Whilst helping a friend shop for her wedding today, we stopped into Bea's of Bloomsbury for inspiration and to sample their famous desserts.

We ordered the three-layered cake consisting of rich chocolate filled with a dark bitter sweet truffle. I was so smitten with the taste that I simply had to take another slice home! (Desserts are my guilty pleasure).

The Bea's of Bloomsbury menu ranges from cupcakes, tarts, cookies, brownies and layer cakes. So there's something to satisfy every type of sweet tooth. What's sweeter is that they also do their bit for the environment by recycling all packaging and baking with energy efficient induction cooking methods.





It's no surprise then that Bea's has been shortlisted in Time Out's Best London Tea Rooms. I for one can taste why. The fine Valrhona chocolate that generously featured in my cake and Square Mile coffee that accompanied it made for a truly delicious experience.

By the end of our visit, my friend decided that she would place a dessert order for her wedding reception. And I've happily obliged to be her 'cake-tasting buddy' to help sample the favours available. I just hope that by the end of it all, I can still fit into my wedding outfit. Wish me luck!

Bea's of Bloomsbury

44 Theobald's Road
London WC1X 8NW
Tel: 0207 242 8330
Web: http://beasofbloomsbury.com

Hours: Mon - Fri 8 am to 6 pm | Sat 10:30 am to 4 pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment