Lip Rouge Redux

I use my lard-based rouge often enough that I found it worthwhile to fix up a second batch. I mixed about 1/8 teaspoon carmine with about one (heaped) 1/4 teaspoon of benzoinated lard. Also this time, as promised, I added one drop of pure rose essential oil (a gift from my dad when he was working as a salesman at Aroma Land.) 

It's definitely more pleasant to use with its new heavy rose fragrance. Color and texture are as before.

Oddly, this mixture is a little drying on the lips -- unexpected for something so greasy! I suppose it could be a side effect of the benzoin. 

Note: I actually have a commercial lip color that is a very similar tone to the lard product. Due to the wretched habit of cosmetic companies changing their selection of lip colors every season, I don't know if it's available anymore, but if you find it -- L'Oreal Colour Juice in Candy Apple 700. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment