What’s On: Get Fit For Free

37° Fitness1

How many times have you joined a gym at a pocket burning price and failed to visit it more than 10 times that year? I'm completely guilty of this. I still have a membership that I'm tied into for another 12 months, reluctantly paying, and in all honesty, I've visited the gym three times this year.

I originally sighed up for the fitness classes. At the time the gym had brilliant options like street dance, Soca aerobics and boxercise (with a rather delicious instructor). But when the new timetable came into play just a month after I joined, I was disappointed that they had struck off all the classes I loved, and replaced it with kundalini yoga (really not my thing).

Looking back, I wish I'd been savvy to the abundance of free gyms and fitness classes currently available in London. Admittedly, I doubt that it would have radically changed the fact that I can count the amount of times I've worked out on one hand, but, at least I wouldn't be out of pocket! If you're like me and much prefer to participate in group activities, rather than go it alone, here are some options for you, absolutely free:

37° Fitness


Body Attack
Wednesday until the 26th August
7.30am – 8.30am

Join the fitness professionals from 37° for free fitness classes in The Scoop at More London. Classes are suitable for all fitness levels and abilities. Classes are limited in size; therefore it will be run on a first come first served basis. At your first class you'll need to arrive 10 minutes before to register.

Gym Tennis™
Wednesday 26th July - 26th August
7.30am – 8.30am

Wimbledon may be over but if you've still got the tennis spirit, then Gym Tennis™ may be just class for you. The Gym Tennis Racket replicates the basic shots such as the forehand and backhand swings, volleys and smashes, to give you a conditioning fitness workout.

For more information visit:
www.morelondon.co.uk

The Adizone Outdoor Gym

Green Legacy Gym


I love this idea - a place for everyone to work out, a free, outdoor gym with safe, robust equipment. There are a lot of these popping up in London. Owned by The Great Outdoor Gym Company, they hope that the service will continue to expand beyond parks and reach destinations like outside health centres, housing developments, in the grounds of hotels and health spas. The low impact, resistance based equipment is suitable for the whole family, young and old.

To find your nearest gym visit:
www.tgogc.com/find-a-gym

0 comments:

Post a Comment