Victorian Life Today

Daily Mail has a story about a woman in Seattle who leads a totally late-Victorian life (aside from using the grocery store self checkout, apparently.) I can relate to her experiences with the corset:

'People have mixed reactions,' she admitted. 'Some are enthusiastic and positive. The other day an old man ran out of a restaurant to tell me I made his day, he said: "You look beautiful." Mrs Chrisman insists that every day she and her husband find 'wonderful insights' into the Victorian way of life 'But there are perfect strangers who find what I wear such a point of contention. Some women scream oppression -- that I choose to wear a corset. But I focus on the positives. I don't find it restricting at all, in fact I'd venture to say that it's liberating to live how I want to!' 

 Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2506542/Wearing-corset-liberating-Meet-woman-living-modern-day-Victorian-life--cell-phone-car-home-appliances.html#ixzz2kkiTeGlJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment